Start Running! Couch to 5K – Medium Intensity
Ever wanted to start running but not sure how? Ever wanted to run but think you can’t? Signed up for a 5K race and wondering what to do next? This course is for you! Using run/walk intervals, the course will gently ease you into running and take you from being a non-runner or beginner runner to being able to run 5 kilometres. Some running strength building exercises will be included as well as warm up and cool down/stretching exercises.
- Meet on the grass on the north side of the building.
- This course will run rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.
- Remember, if you can walk, you can run!
- Please bring a headlamp and wear reflective clothing or armbands.
- There is no class on Oct. 18. The last class is on Nov. 29. This is a 10-week course.
Instructor: Hilary Jones, YMCA Individual Conditioning Instructor
Register for Start Running – Couch to 5K.