Executive Director – Interim
The West Island Women’s Centre has an opening for an
Executive Director (Interim)
(Temporary contract for 10-12 months)
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the West Island Women’s Centre. This position is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization, allowing the Centre to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of women. Other key duties include coordinating fundraising, marketing, and community outreach efforts.
- Board Governance and Leadership:
- Responsible for organizing and attending the monthly board meetings by preparing the meeting agenda and the supporting materials.
- Act as a liaison between the Board, Committees, and Committee Chairs.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Lead the staff on a daily basis in all Human Resources activities, including making recruitment decisions, coaching and developing employees, conducting performance management reviews, making compensation recommendations, and making dismissal decisions, in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Prepare contracts for contract office and childcare workers.
- Ensure that all personnel files are kept up to date and confidential.
- Operational Planning and Management:
- Ensure that the operation of the WIWC meets the expectations of its members, Board, and funders.
- Oversee the efficient and effective daily operation of the organization.
- Review organizational policies regularly and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate, prepare procedures to implement updated organizational policies, and ensure that the policy manual is up to date.
- Program/Committee Planning:
- In consultation with committee members and staff, develop the schedule for the year, setting the dates for the sessions, board meetings, special events, and Centre/staff holidays.
- Responsible for the effective operation of committees, including the Programming, Finance, Fundraising/Special Events, Personnel, and Publicity Committees.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects.
- Assist in the evaluation of the Centre’s courses and outreach programs.
- Financial Planning:
- Work with staff and the Board of Directors to prepare a comprehensive budget.
- Research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans, and write proposals to funding agencies.
- Administer the funds of the organization as per the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow.
- Ensure that financial statements and updates are provided to the Board on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the financial statements are audited and prepared in time for the Annual General Meeting.
- Community Relations/Membership:
- Assist the Volunteer Director in the recruitment and supervision of volunteers.
- Oversee volunteer appreciation activities, including the annual luncheon, volunteer gifts, thank-you cards, and volunteer awards.
- Communicate with members and direct their feedback to the appropriate board/committee member.
- Establish good working relationships with external community groups and non-profit organizations.
- Organize the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- University degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role, ideally in the non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of the West Island Women’s Centre an asset.
- Able to lead: positively influence others to achieve the Centre’s mission.
- Decision-making capacity: able to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear, timely decisions.
- Strong organizational skills; meticulous/detail-oriented.
- Experience in event planning.
- Computer skills (Microsoft ACCESS, EXCEL, WORD, PUBLISHER); knowledge of WordPress would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills, in English and French.
- Available 35 hours a week, with some duties in the evenings and on weekends.
- This position is a temporary contract role for 10-12 months, with a possibility for renewal.
Please send your C.V. by e-mail or regular mail.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 521 ~ Pointe-Claire, QC ~ H9R 4S6
Deadline for Applications: December 15, 2017
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
- S Prev