The Holiday Basket Collection!
The baskets have been delivered. Thank you to all who contributed!
The West Island Women’s Centre is collecting non-perishable food, clothing and gifts for two families. Collection boxes and lists of the food needed are at the Centre. Details for clothing and gifts are also at the Centre and are as follows:
Family # 1: Mom, Dad, 11-year-old girl, 10-year-old-boy, 3-year-old boy
- Girl: Size 12 snow pants and jacket, hat and gloves, size 7 boots, likes usual 11-year-old girl items.
- 10-year-old boy: Size 12 snow pants and jacket, hat and gloves, size 6 boots. He is extremely keen to have a remote-controlled car! Also would love an x-box if possible.
- 3-year-old boy: Size 4 snow pants and jacket, hat and gloves, size 10 boots. Likes the usual 3-year-old boy items.
- Mom: Needs a winter coat, size medium, boots are size 8.
- Dad: Needs a winter coat, size large, boots are size 9.
Family #2 : Mom, 7-year-old girl, 6-year-old boy
- Girl: Likes Lego and board games. Also the usual 7-year-old girl items.
- Boy: Likes Lego and board games. Also the usual 6-year-old boy items.
- Mom: She is expecting, so would very much appreciate baby items such as diapers, baby wipes, etc.
The Centre is also collecting rice for Nourishment for Hope. Nourishment for Hope prepares holiday baskets for families of children with an intellectual disability or autism. For further information please visit their Facebook page.
Thank you for making the holidays a little bit brighter for all these families!