Summer Job Opportunity — WordPress/Internet Programmer
The West Island Women’s Centre has a summer position for a WordPress/Internet Programmer. The main task will be to help our non-profit organization develop an easy-to-use online course registration system for our website. Additional tasks may include the following:
- Modify existing databases
- Update our organization’s external contacts list
- Assist in the development of publicity materials
- Research an automated e-mail reminder system
- Increase our social media presence
Qualifications and Skills Needed
The ideal candidate is a CEGEP or university student pursuing studies in computer science, internet programming/development, e-commerce, or a related field.
- Web programming experience; knowledge of WordPress, and preferably WooCommerce or a similar e-commerce platform
- Experience working with Access databases and Excel an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- An interest in social media and marketing/publicity
This is an 8-week position (30 hours per week) offered between June 6 and August 5, 2016. Remuneration is $16 per hour.
To be eligible for this summer employment, you must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age when the job begins
- registered as a full-time student in 2015-16 and returning to school full time in 2016-17
- legally eligible to work in Canada
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume by May 16, 2016 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 521, Pointe-Claire, QC, H9R 4S6. Location: Pointe-Claire, Qc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.