Support Group Facilitators
On-going, from September to May
Every session, the West Island Women’s Centre offers two weekly support groups to all women of the larger community.
We are currently accepting proposals for an 8-week support group (all support groups offered in the evening).
Our support group facilitators provide content, guidance, and encourage discussion and sharing. It is crucial for the facilitator to create a safe space for women participating in a support group to be heard and feel validated.
Examples of support groups that have been offered in the past:
- Journey of Self-Discovery
- Healing Relationships
- Parenting a Child with Learning Difficulties
- Caring For an Aging Parent
To submit a proposal, please include a:
- One or two-paragraph description of your topic
- Short bio about yourself
- Rough list of topics addressed over the 8 weeks
And please send to:
Nadia Prevost, Community Outreach Coordinator