Support Group Facilitators
On-going, from September to May
Every session, the West Island Women’s Centre offers both weekly and monthly support groups to all women of the larger community.
We are currently accepting proposals for 8-week support groups.
Our support group facilitators provide content, guidance, and encourage discussion and sharing. It is crucial for the facilitator to create a safe space for women participating to be heard and feel validated.
Examples of support groups that have been offered in the past:
- Journey of Self-Discovery
- Healing Relationships
- Parenting a Child with Learning Difficulties
- Caring For an Aging Parent
To submit a proposal, please include a:
- One or two-paragraph description of your topic
- Short bio about yourself
- Rough list of topics addressed over the 8 weeks
And please send to:
Nadia Prevost, Community Outreach Coordinator