The West Island Women’s Centre (WIWC) is a dynamic and widely-used non-profit community organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of women. We provide educational, social and recreational services for women living in the West Island and the community at large.
- Foster a community for women through all our services and offerings.
- The Centre is open to all — without regard to age, race or socio-economic background.
OUR STRATEGIC PLAN
The West Island Women’s Centre has developed a Strategic Plan for 2020-2025. The following strategic objectives will reflect our mission and endeavour to:
- Provide a wide variety of programs for personal development, wellness, and special interest offerings that respond to the needs and interests of our members and the community;
- Identify and deliver unique outreach programs that address the needs of women who would otherwise not be served and are in need of increased support;
- Organize and deliver events that reflect our mission, ensuring community involvement and engagement;
- Ensure that we continue to enhance organizational health through reviewing and updating our organizational and governance framework.
The West Island Women’s Centre’s mission is to improve the quality of the lives of women and one of our goals is to address and eliminate the systemic barriers that women face, including addressing racial inequalities in society.
PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
1.1 Participants (both members and non-members) in West Island Women’s Centre activities shall conduct themselves with integrity and respect the Centre’s values of fostering a community for women which is open to all — without regard to age, race, or socio-economic background.
1.2 Participants in West Island Women’s Centre activities shall refrain from unacceptable behavior including but not limited to: harassment of Centre staff, volunteers, members, and activity participants; disregarding the Centre’s By-Laws, rules and regulations, and Code of Conduct; vexatious conduct (offensive, humiliating); damaging the dignity or integrity of any person related to Centre activities; and behavior resulting in a harmful work environment.