You can never be too prepared for emergencies. Please take a few moments to read over this important information.
If you bring children to our childcare service, it is important to know that the childcare workers have a clear protocol to follow in the case of a fire emergency. It is as follows:
- The childcare team will choose the nearest safe exit.
- Moms will meet the group at the safe zone to pick up their children.
- The childcare team will stay with the children until every last child is picked up by his/her mother.
Follow these important steps:
- Evacuate the building immediately by the nearest safe exit and go to the safe zone.
- If you have children in childcare, YOU CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GO INTO THE CHILDCARE ROOM TO SEARCH FOR YOUR CHILD(REN). The children are being evacuated from the building by the childcare team and will be expecting you outside at one of the safe zones.
- Once outside, mothers/legal guardians go to the safe zone and pick up their children from the childcare workers.
Check for the location of the fire exits, fire extinguishers, and fire alarm pull stations. Your understanding and commitment to our fire safety measures are vital.
When evacuating the building, the closest exits are:
- The parking lot entrance on Vincennes Avenue.
- The north door, which is located in the stairwell leading to the Upstairs Classroom.
- The east door on Rodney Avenue near the St. Columba church offices. To access this door, exit the Women’s Centre’s main hallway entrance and turn right. Pass the washrooms and the kitchen entrance. The stairwell leading to this exit is on your right.
|Parking lot entrance
|The large tree on the hill near Vincennes Avenue.|
|North Door||On the grass to the left, near Rodney Avenue.|
|On the grass near Rodney Avenue.|