West Island Women’s Forum
On Saturday, March 21, 2020, the West Island Women’s Centre will host the first West Island Women’s Forum which will expand on how we celebrate International Women’s Day, presenting keynote speakers and four tracks of sessions.
The West Island Women’s Forum will deliver speakers and content that are relevant to your life and sessions that are tailored for our community. Whether you are an entrepreneur, in the middle of your career, taking care of loved ones, participating in the digital world, or wanting to become more involved in your community, this Forum will cover a wide range of relevant and useful topics for your life.
Facilitators in each session will provide tools, support, and knowledge. The topics have been identified as key areas of interest for women in our community.
INCLUDED IN $25 REGISTRATION
12-1 p.m.: Registration / Lunch
1-2 p.m.: Speakers
2-3 p.m.: Session One
Choose one of the following 2-3 p.m. sessions during the registration process
- Women Entrepreneurs: Bringing your ideas to life
- Protecting yourself online: Staying safe in a digital world
- Finding the support that you need as a caregiver for a senior
- Supporting women in the West Island: Services that strengthen our community
3-4 p.m.: Session Two
Choose one of the following 3-4 p.m. sessions during the registration process
- Going beyond your comfort zone: Tips and tricks to improve your business skills
- Navigating the world of social media: How to build an online community
- Finding the strength to continue being strong: Caregivers of children with challenging needs
- Social Engagement: How to use the power of play for resilience and recovery
Learn more about our International Women’s Day Speakers
- Sonali Karnick, CBC Montreal Radio One and TV host
- Paula M. Toledo, Singer-songwriter, writer, speaker and mental health facilitator
- Vanessa Herrick, Communications and international development professional