The 2014 Annual General Meeting
The West Island Women’s Centre will be holding its 2014 Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 12 to 2 p.m. The occasion marks the end of another year of programs and activities at our organization. The AGM is an integral event where important decisions concerning the Centre’s administration and its elected leadership are made.
All members are strongly encouraged to attend — it is the meeting where all members have a voice and vote on the Centre’s core issues. The general public is also welcome and a light lunch will be served. Kindly confirm your attendance by June 5 by calling 514-695-8529 x. 207 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Childcare is available; please reserve your spot when you RSVP.
Some of the critical issues to be voted on include:
- Acceptance of the 2013/2014 Activity Report
- Acceptance of the audited financial statements to March 31, 2014
- Nomination of the auditor for fiscal year 2014/2015
At the annual meeting, we will also elect the slate of directors for the 2014/2015 board of directors and announce the recipient of this year’s Mila Voynova Award for outstanding instruction. Read on to find out how you can nominate an instructor for this important award…
Nominate an Instructor Today!
The Mila Voynova Award for Outstanding Instruction
In honour of Mila Voynova (1966-2006), our long-time yoga and Pilates instructor, the West Island Women’s Centre has created an award for outstanding instruction. The award is given each year to an instructor chosen by our membership. Past recipients are:
- Cathy Wagstaff, Wednesday morning fitness (2007 and 2013)
- Barbara Diabo, Children’s Creative Movement (2008)
- Marian Siminski, Choir (2009)
- Terri Coyle, Retirement Workshop Series (2010)
- Stephanie Kellerman, Cooking (2011)
- Donna Lamontagne, Gentle Toning (2012)
- Ann Papayoti, Personal Development classes (2012)
Please help us to remember Mila by nominating the instructor of your choice. Click here to print out a nomination form. The form is also available on the bulletin board outside the gym and at the WIWC Office. You may e-mail your completed form to email@example.com or bring it to the office no later than May 30, 2014.